Did you know that French President Emmanuel Macron, created a 15 Billlion Euros Covid support fund in 2020 for French aviation industry?
It might seem a lot, but it is not much, for various reasons.
- There are thousands of MRO, equipment manufacturers and subcontractors in France, employing directly approximatively 200.000 people.
- The aviation industry generated roughly 60 billion Euros of revenues before Covid (2019)
- France is the only European country to export, commercial airplanes, business jets, helicopters and fighters.
- Global industry heavyweights and segment leaders, such as Airbus, Thales, Safran and Dassaults are all French. And Airbus is also a key shareholders in Embraer.
- As to other aviation activities, the country has more than 30 airports with more than 100.000 passengers, not to mention ADP’s concessions globally.
- The country is also leading player in European Space industry.
Nordic Industries Development Oy completed its first aviation client case in France already 1998.
In 2001 we opened an office to Toulouse to serve our customer better, who worked with Airbus and regional MRO industries.
In Automn 2022 Nordic Development Oy will be kicking off an export group of Finnish aviation sector manufacturing, subcontractors and service providers, with heavy focus on French aviation industry..
Written by JUHA SEPPÄNEN (CEO, NORDIC INDUSTRIES DEVELOPMENT)